Please read Ocean Breeze Campers terms and conditions carefully before you book campervan hire. If you would like to discuss any of the points detailed below, please do contact us.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This agreement is made between Ocean Breeze Campers Limited of: 13 Blackmore Vale Close, Templecombe Somerset BA8 0HB and the person/persons signing the Booking Form.
£750 EXCESS ALL CLAIMS OTHER THAN THIRD PARTY (£1000 if travelling in Europe)
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that other than in respect of Section 1 - Liability to Others - of this Insurance the Insurers shall not be liable to pay the first £750 (Seven Hundred and Fifty Pounds) payable in respect of any amount not exceeding the aforementioned sum for which the Insurers make payment in respect of any such claim which may be the subject of indemnity under this insurance. The expression "claim" shall mean a claim or series of claims arising out of one cause. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDES DRIVERS UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not provide cover if an insured vehicle is being driven by or for this purpose is in the charge of any person under 21 years of age. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDES DRIVERS OVER 79 YEARS OF AGE
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not provide cover if an insured vehicle is being driven by or for this purpose is in the charge of any person over 79 years of age. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDES DRIVERS WITH LESS THAN 24 MONTHS FULL UK OR EU LICENCE EXPERIENCE
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed the Insurers shall not provide cover if an insured vehicle is being driven by or for this purpose is in the charge of any person with less than 24 months driving experience since obtaining a permanent licence in the United Kingdom or EU to drive a vehicle of the same class as the Insured vehicles. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
EXCLUDING CASH HIRERS
Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary it is hereby understood and agreed that no liability shall attach to underwriters in the event of any hiring or letting on hire, of any motor vehicle, where such hire is paid for in cash (in part or full). It is further warranted that all hires must be paid by credit/debit card/bank transfer. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
HIRER DRIVE ENDORSEMENT
This insurance covers the Insured Vehicle whilst let out on hire, subject to the following conditions: -
1) The Insured shall verify the identity and permanent address of the Hirer and any other permitted driver by means other than relying solely on the information contained in the Hirer's or driver's driving licence and that such person is not amongst the excluded persons enumerated below.
2) Two forms of ID shall be obtained i.e. Utility Bill (no more than 60 days old) and Driving Licence.
3) The Insured Vehicle shall not be let out on hire to or be driven by: -
a) Hirers under 21 or over 79 years of age unless otherwise agreed by the Insurer.
b) Hirers under 21 or over 79 years of age if vehicle is a Minibus, MPV (8 seats including driver) or 7.5 ton GVW or above.
c) Hirers aged 21 to 22 unless a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence has been held for 2 years and prior authority has been given by insurers.
d) Hirers who have not held a full valid United Kingdom or EU driving licence for 2 years.
e) Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/or have had their driving licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. "Spent" convictions, covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 may be disregarded.
f) Persons who have had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer.
g) Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports persons.
h) Jockeys and persons connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort.
i) Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of age.
j) Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
k) Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for two years or more.
4) The insured vehicle(s) shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted driver who has completed and signed a hirer drive proposal (by each hirer or other permitted driver). Such proposal shall be forwarded on request to the Insurers. The proposal must be fully completed by the Hirer or other permitted driver in all respects. In addition to the usual declaration and warranty contained in the proposal, the following declaration shall appear on the proposal, namely: - "I further agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance which I have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read". If the statements and particulars in the proposal are in the handwriting of any person other than the Hirer or other permitted driver, such person shall be deemed to have been the Hirer's or other permitted driver's agent for the purpose of completing the proposal form.
5) The Insured shall be considered as the being the agent for the Hirer or other permitted driver for all purposes in connection with this insurance but under no circumstances shall the Insured be considered as agent for the Insurers.
6) The Insured vehicle shall not be used for the carriage of goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature or for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire and reward.
7) Any vehicle which is added to the Motor Insurance Database will be charged the appropriate premium. Subject otherwise to the terms, exceptions and conditions of this insurance.
Please note that if any of the above applies to any proposed driver of the vehicle, this may prohibit you from hiring the campervan. For insurance purposes you must declare ANY endorsements, motoring accidents, or physical or mental conditions.
All drivers must provide the following, which will be requested 10 days before the hire start date:
- A scanned copy of each driver's photo card driving licence
- Each driver's DVLA licence check code so we can view your licence details before you arrive. Click here (https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) for instructions on how to do this.
- Two other proofs of address for each driver that show the name and address of the driver as shown on the driving licence. The following are acceptable:
1) Utility bill received within last 60 days
2) Bank or credit card statement received within last 60 days
- When you collect the van, please bring your photocard driving licences with you and original copies of the other forms of ID. Ocean Breeze Campers Limited cannot be held responsible for any lost holiday time as a result of you forgetting to bring the correct documentation.
Please note that the campervan is not insured outside the contract of hire.
The hirer is responsible for a standard excess of £750 (£1000 for non-UK residents) in the event of any damage to the vehicle or third party property, fire or theft, the hirer will be liable for the excess. The hirer will also be fully liable for replacement or repair of windscreen, tyre or alloy wheel damage. Insurance cover provided is Fully Comprehensive.
A security deposit of £750 will be taken at the time of hire. This will be provided by bank transfer with cleared funds by the day of collection.
These terms are:
- Campervan to be returned with diesel refilled to its agreed pre hire level.
- Campervan is clean and in the same condition as when rented out.
- Toilet must be emptied and cleaned (flat fee of £40 if not returned emptied and clean).
- Cooking appliances and utensils clean for use (a cleaning charge of £20 per hour will be applied to rectify).
- The Campervan is returned by the agreed time (a late charge of £30 per hour will apply).
- All equipment provided to use is returned with the campervan free from damage.
Should any of the above exceed the security deposit the hirer will be responsible in settling the additional costs, similarly if any damages do not exceed the security deposit Ocean Breeze Campers Limited will only charge for the necessary amount.
The £750 security deposit is refundable on safe return of the campervan, in the condition in which it left our premises subject to an inspection satisfactory to us. This must be paid to cover the possibility of damage (whether negligent, wilful, accidental or otherwise) or loss to the camper van or the fixtures and fittings therein or the living equipment and windows, wheels, tyres etc included with the camper van. The camper van and all its equipment must be returned in good condition with no damage to it, its contents or any third party property.
Fines and Liability:
Drivers are responsible for any penalties such as parking and speeding fines during the hire period.
Availability is on a request and confirmation basis at the time of your reservation. A reservation is only binding once the booking is confirmed by Ocean Breeze Campers Limited by email, and a non-refundable deposit of £250 has been received. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 1 calendar month prior to departure. Payment is taken by bank transfer. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed.
For cancellations up to eight weeks before the rental date, the non-refundable deposit will be retained. No refund will be given if cancelled within eight weeks of rental date. We advise all hirers to take out their own holiday insurance to cover any eventualities. There will be no refund in the event of early return e.g. sickness/accident.
In the event of the van breaking down and being undriveable we will provide you with details for contacting Green Flag breakdown assistance, who will attempt to fix the vehicle or take you back to the campsite or recover the camper van and yourselves back to us. Please contact us immediately on 07969720621.
If you arrange for the campervan to be recovered by any other recovery company other than Green Flag costs must be met by the hirer only.
In the case of you being without the campervan you will be refunded on a pro-rata basis.
We cannot accept responsibility for missed functions due to breakdown and we cannot be held responsible for adverse weather conditions affecting any hire.
Cancellations Out of Our Control:
In the unfortunate event that the campervan is damaged and undriveable or stolen and we cannot provide a replacement vehicle, a full refund of all monies paid will be given. We cannot accept responsibility for missed commitments/arrangements such as campsite bookings due to breakdown or theft and we cannot be held responsible for adverse weather conditions affecting any hire.
Personal Travel Insurance:
It is the hirer's responsibility to provide their own insurance to cover personal items and belongings and personal injury in the event of an accident. This is strongly recommended.
- SMOKING is strictly not permitted inside the camper van or drive-away awning hire option.
- We welcome dogs but this must be arranged with us in advance, hirers found to have taken a dog without our permission will be charged by taking the dog fee listed on extras plus 100% surcharge out of the security deposit, along with any cleaning required due to the dog being present or damage caused.
- The maximum number of passengers is 4 as per manufacturers terms.
- The hirer must not leave keys in the ignition or anywhere in view to prevent theft.
- The hirer will be responsible for loss of keys.
- The hirer will be responsible for using the correct fuel (diesel) and will incur any costs to rectify.
- The driver must not drive the campervan off public roads and only drive on sealed / bitumen roads / campsites. Ocean Breeze Campers Limited reserves the right to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- Theft of the campervan or any of its equipment must be reported to the Police and Ocean Breeze Campers Limited immediately.
Use of the Vehicle:
The Vehicle is not to be driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner; used in a manner which could cause damage; driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated to me by Ocean breeze Campers Limited; driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law; left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied; steering lock applied and valuables concealed; driven by persons under the age of 25 years or who is not authorised by law to drive the Vehicle or named in the agreement; damaged by submersion in water; put into contact with Salt Water; used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest; used to tow any vehicle or trailer; used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward; used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this agreement; used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or flammable material; or otherwise used in breach of the Hirers obligations under this Agreement. The hirer also agrees not to carry more passengers than the seating capacity.
The Hirer will pay Ocean Breeze Campers Limited the following:
All rental charges; there may be a cleaning fee of £100 if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition, the cost of any damage to the Vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance cover.
All government fees and duties etc; All parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the Vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the Rental Period; Any other fees or charges payable by the Hirer pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Ocean Breeze Campers Limited as a result of any breach by the Hirer of the terms of this Agreement. The cost of recovering a Vehicle that has become bogged.
Alterations to the Vehicle:
The Hirer shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Ocean Breeze Campers Limited.
The Hirer shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including daily checks of oil and water levels, and tyres and batteries as per manufacturer's recommendations and will stop and react to any dash warning lights. In the event of any problems please contact Mark on 07969720621 immediately. Ocean Breeze Campers Limited will reimburse the Hirer for expenditure up to £75 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the engine of the Vehicle, provided that the Hirer produces relevant receipts at the end of the hire period and have received the prior consent of Ocean Breeze Campers Limited, and that the damage is not due to any fault or breach of this Agreement by the Hirer.
Responsibility if an Accident Occurs:
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, the Hirer will notify Ocean Breeze Campers Limited, obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station. The Hirer undertakes to assist Ocean Breeze Campers Limited in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
Terminating the Agreement:
The Hirer acknowledges that Ocean Breeze Campers Limited may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to the Hirer, and that the Hirer will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if the Hirer is in breach of any term of this Agreement, has obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation, the Vehicle appears to be abandoned, the Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Ocean Breeze Campers Limited reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date, Ocean Breeze Campers Limited considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. In the event of such termination or repossession, the Hirer has no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
Change of Vehicle:
Ocean Breeze Campers Limited reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or similar Vehicle for the Vehicle.
Release and indemnity of Ocean Breeze Campers Limited.
Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, the Hirer releases Ocean Breeze Campers Limited, its employees and agents, from any liability to the Hirer (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by the Hirer by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for the hirer's purpose, any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Ocean Breeze Campers premises or recovered or handled by Ocean Breeze Campers Limited. Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Ocean Breeze Campers Limited, the Hirer hereby indemnifies and shall keep indemnified Ocean Breeze Campers Limited, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of the hirer's use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
Title to Vehicle:
The Hirer acknowledges that Ocean Breeze Campers Limited retains title to the Vehicle and that the Hirer possess the goods as a mere bailee only and do not have any right to pledge Ocean Breeze Campers credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so and shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
Pick up & Parking:
We have off-road parking for your car. However, please note we do not hold any liability for your vehicle whilst parked on our premises.
We will not store any of your financial details e.g. bank details.
This agreement shall be governed by English Law. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Ocean Breeze Campers Limited reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.
Head Office Address: 13 Blackmore Vale Close, Templecombe Somerset BA8 0HB
Company number: 11312342